Daily Log Message

I see “Error handling route” messages appear in the gateway log about once a day. There’s no other info but it sounds like it could be a problem directing tags (we’re using Kepware). I assume I should ignore this like the “Could not get charToByteConverterClass!” message from the console, yes?

And what’s with the topic title needing a minimum of 15 characters?!?? I had to add “Daily”!

This may be a known issue. Which version of Ignition are you running, and can you post the whole stack trace?

Version 7.9.0 and here is the error message. I just noticed it happens as soon as I log in as admin to the gateway control webpage.

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.providers.AbstractStoreBasedTagProvider.updateStatusProperties(AbstractStoreBasedTagProvider.java:1352)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.providers.AbstractStoreBasedTagProvider.getStatusInformation(AbstractStoreBasedTagProvider.java:1287)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.web.pages.status.routes.OverviewPlatformContributor.lambda$getSystemsEntries$1(OverviewPlatformContributor.java:119)
at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$4$1.accept(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.IntPipeline.reduce(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.IntPipeline.sum(Unknown Source)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.web.pages.status.routes.OverviewPlatformContributor.getSystemsEntries(OverviewPlatformContributor.java:120)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.web.pages.status.routes.OverviewRoutes.lambda$getSystemEntries$6(OverviewRoutes.java:153)
at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(Unknown Source)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.web.pages.status.routes.OverviewRoutes.getSystemEntries(OverviewRoutes.java:156)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.dataroutes.Route.service(Route.java:207)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.dataroutes.RouteGroupImpl.service(RouteGroupImpl.java:47)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.dataroutes.DataServletServicerImpl.service(DataServletServicerImpl.java:76)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.bootstrap.DataServlet.service(DataServlet.java:24)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:837)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:583)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:226)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1160)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:511)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1092)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:52)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:134)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:518)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:308)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:244)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:273)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:95)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.SelectChannelEndPoint$2.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:93)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.produceAndRun(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:246)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.run(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:156)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:654)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:572)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thank you for posting this. There was a similar issue fixed in 7.9.2. If you are available to upgrade to 7.9.3, there is a good chance that this has been addressed.

I upgraded to 7.9.3 successfully. I logged into the gateway config and noticed the error message was still there. I logged out, waited a few minutes and logged back in as admin: “Error handling route” is still there in 7.9.3, same log messages as before concerning the null handling.

I’m also seeing “Error executing script” now with 7.9.3 and an interrmittent error related to deleting a *…py file (it’s a pop-up that appears). I am going back to 7.9.0.