Dashboard component in Ignition Perspective

Hello everyone.

Here, I mentioned my requirements for the perspective dashboard component. For configuration in the dashboard, I have created one small view as a widget. I added this small view to the available widgets property in the dashboard component and set the default size of widgets to be 4 columns by 2 rows. Inside my small view, I have a label component for displaying the machine name to the user. The machine name characters length is dynamic and may vary from 6 to 14 letters. However, I want to show the entire text without truncating inside the view, and the text should also be readable. I have attached the image file for your reference. This view is displayed on the BigTV screen, so there is no user interface. The user should be able to read all the machine names in this view. But in this view, few widgets are large-sized and a few are configured as small-sized. The user cannot read the names in small-sized widgets.

But the user has to read those names too. Is there any trick to solve this issue? Please recommend something to solve this issue. I tried my best, but I couldn’t. Thanks in advance!!!

It sounds like you are hoping for magic.
To improve legibility you have some practical options.

1. Make the labels bigger and enlarge the text.
  2. Make the labels taller and wrap the text.
  3. Try to find a better font.
  4. Reduce the padding - but not too much. Zero padding is usually a sign of an amateur designer (on HMI and sign-writing).
  5. Optimise contrast by judicious choice of background colour.
3 Likes