Data Sorting in Ignition Report Table

Dear Ignition family,

I am making one report to show consumption of power each week, I need to show week number as column and equipment as rows(more than 50 equipment). My Query returns data in following view
Query:
SELECT DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp) as wk, max(Rinser_Recovery) as Rinser, max(CUB_Tank) as CUB, max(UGT) as UGT, max(CSD) as CSD, max(AQF) as AQF, max(wasa_ro) as WASA_RO, max(WWTP) as WWTP
from ICE_PAC group by DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp) order by DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp)

I need to show data in following view in Ignition Report(WK number in Column and equipment in rows):

Thanks!

You should be able to use a pivot in your query.

@JordanCClark thanks for reply, I have seen the example, its for two tables and sorry i missed to add some more information. Let me clarify more, in my table I need column name as equipment and max values to be show against equipment. where column name need to be week number converted from timestamp. I am able to sort my data wrt to week against each equipment in column like below pic
but i need data to be showed like below:

I should like to add one more thing with help of pivot, I was able to sort one column as row but in actual scenario I have more than 50, here was my query
–Pivot by WK number for one machine

SELECT ‘WASA_RO’ AS machine,
[37] as WK37, [36] as WK36
FROM
(
SELECT DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp) as wk, max(WASA_RO) as mac from ICE_PAC group by DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp)
) AS SourceTable
PIVOT
(
max(mac) for
wk IN ([37], [36])
) AS PivotTable;

and the answer

but i am looking to all add my columns except t_stamp under machines (as per snap above)

Try grouping and ordering by year as well as week.

@mcgheeiv thanks for your input can you please review my query above and suggest specifically what i should need to do to cover all my columns under machines column.

It might be easier to pull the data in with a simpler query

SELECT DATEPART(YEAR), DATEPART(WEEK), MAX(col_1), MAX(col_2), etc
FROM ICE_PAC
WHERE t_stamp >= date_beg and t_stamp <= date_end
GROUP BY YEAR, WEEK
ORDER BY YEAR, WEEK

Then use a python script to perform the pivot.

Pivots take 3 columns of data and turn them into a matrix with one column forming the matrix column headings (week), another being the row labels (machine), and another filling the cells according to the aggregation. Your columns should be YYYY-WW, machine name, value. Since your data is in 50 columns (WASA, CUB, AQF, etc.) a UNION could be used to create the SourceTable (syntax is not perfect):

SELECT 'WASA' as machine, CAST(DATEPART(YEAR, t_stamp) AS VARCHAR) + '-' + CAST(DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp) AS VARCHAR)
    , MAX(WASA) AS v_float
UNION
SELECT 'CUB' as machine, CAST(DATEPART(YEAR, t_stamp) AS VARCHAR) + '-' + CAST(DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp) AS VARCHAR)
    , MAX(CUB) AS v_float
UNION
SELECT 'AQF' as machine, CAST(DATEPART(YEAR, t_stamp) AS VARCHAR) + '-' + CAST(DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp) AS VARCHAR)
    , MAX(AQF) AS v_float
WHERE t_stamp >= @date_beg and t_stamp <= @date_end
GROUP BY DATEPART(YEAR, t_stamp), DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp)
ORDER BY DATEPART(YEAR, t_stamp), DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp)
ETC, ETC, ETC (for all 50 machines)

Then all you need is to create the YEAR and WEEK range for use in the outer SELECT and the IN clause.

If the database table can be changed, a table with the following 3 columns would make the pivot solution easier:

• machine_name VARCHAR(50)
  • t_stamp DATETIME
  • machine_value FLOAT
SELECT * FROM
(
	SELECT machine_name, function_of_year_week(t_stamp) AS year_week, MAX(machine_value) AS machine_value 
	FROM ICE_PAC
	WHERE t_stamp >= '{Root Container.date_beg}' AND t_stamp <= '{Root Container.date_end}'
	GROUP BY xxx
	ORDER BY xxx
) t
PIVOT(
	MAX(machine_value)
	FOR year_week IN ({Root Container.dates_pivot})
) as P
sampleHeaders = ['wk', 'WASA', 'CUB', 'AQF']
sampleData = [
              [36, 5.168243E7, 4.598042E07, 8.83453E7],
              [37, 44544, 47360, 82432]
             ]

dataIn = system.dataset.toDataSet(sampleHeaders, sampleData)

colNamesIn = list(dataIn.getColumnNames())

# Initialize new headers and data
headers = ['Equipment'] + dataIn.getColumnAsList(colNamesIn.index('wk'))
data = []
# Remove the pivot column name for easier iteration of the dataset.
colNamesIn.remove('wk')

# Iterate through the columns
for col in colNamesIn:
	newRow = [col]
	# Iterate throu the rows
	for row in xrange(dataIn.rowCount):
		newRow.append(dataIn.getValueAt(row, col))
	data.append(newRow)

dataOut = system.dataset.toDataSet(headers, data)
         Sample Dataset

row | wk | WASA       | CUB        | AQF       
-----------------------------------------------
0   | 36 | 51682430.0 | 45980420.0 | 88345300.0
1   | 37 | 44544.0    | 47360.0    | 82432.0   

Resultant Dataset

row | Equipment | 36         | 37     
--------------------------------------
0   | WASA      | 51682430.0 | 44544.0
1   | CUB       | 45980420.0 | 47360.0
2   | AQF       | 88345300.0 | 82432.0
1 Like

Thanks @JordanCClark @mcgheeiv for helping me alot. I am pretty new with scripting but for sure will read and try script made by @JordanCClark. I have tried query method with below queries and found results.
SELECT ‘CAN1’ as machine, DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp) as wk, DATEPART(YEAR, t_stamp) as yr
, MAX(CAN1_INC) AS Reading, (select max(CAN1_INC)-min(CAN1_INC) from CANGroup where DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp)=37) as Cons from CANGroup
where DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp)=37

UNION
SELECT ‘CAN2’ as machine, DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp) as wk, DATEPART(YEAR, t_stamp) as yr
, MAX(CAN2_INC) AS Reading, (select max(CAN2_INC)-min(CAN2_INC) from CANGroup where DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp)=37) as Cons from CANGroup
UNION
SELECT ‘CAN3’ as machine, DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp) as wk, DATEPART(YEAR, t_stamp) as yr
, MAX(CAN3_INC) AS Reading, (select max(CAN3_INC)-min(CAN3_INC) from CANGroup where DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp)=37) as Cons from CANGroup
UNION
SELECT ‘Glass’ as machine, DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp) as wk, DATEPART(YEAR, t_stamp) as yr
, MAX(Glass_INC) AS Reading, (select max(Glass_INC)-min(Glass_INC) from CANGroup where DATEPART(WEEK, t_stamp)=37) as Cons from CANGroup
Below was the result, I have passed week number and year parameters by Simple query and can see my table in Report. thanks again @JordanCClark and @mcgheeiv