Data Storage Issue

Hello,

I have around 8 transaction groups running. All groups log data into MYSQL using a trigger and for each database entry a timestamp is generated. Timestamp does not come from Ignition, but from MYSQL. Also, I have a serial number generated by MYSQL for each entry.

I am having issue with two of the groups in storing data. The trigger becomes active, database storage is triggered, I see an entry made in the database with a serial number and timestamp which tells me trigger works fine. The other fields in DB populated by OPC tags remain blank.

Also, when I do not run the client and just monitor values in my designer for the OPC tags, they are updated real-time.

I do not understand as to why no data is written into MYSQL.

Thanks,
Vishal

Could you perhaps export the group to xml and post it (right click on the group, export)? Maybe it’s something simple in the configuration.

Regards,

There you go. File attached. Also, I have tried different update rates but no success.
Thanks,
Vishal
H_arm_Group.xml (95.2 KB)

Hello,

Sorry I didn’t get back to you yesterday. As I thought, I believe the problem is a simple configuration mistake- the update mode (second property on the “Action” tab of the group) is set to “bi-directional”. Switch that to “OPC to DB” and the group should log correctly.

Obviously this should be fixed in the software- while bi-directional doesn’t make sense for inserting rows, it should still log the values. Really, it shouldn’t even allow you to set it up like that.

Regards,