Database connection failed

Hi there,

I have a windows machine which has Microsoft SQL server. I have created a database, which I try to connect to with igntion (running on another machine on same network). I get this message:

Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The connection to the host HETLELIDLAPTOP, named instance LEITEVEGEN_SQL failed. Error: "java.net.UnknownHostException: HETLELIDLAPTOP: Name or service not known". Verify the server and instance names and check that no firewall is blocking UDP traffic to port 1434. For SQL Server 2005 or later, verify that the SQL Server Browser Service is running on the host.)

I can connect from Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, but not from ignition...

Browser and SQL server is running:

Host name, SQL name and database name found in SSMS:

Settings in ignition:

TCP/IP enabled:

I also tried to enter the server IP instead of hostname:

Then i get this message:
Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The TCP/IP connection to the host 192.168.1.250, port 1433 has failed. Error: "Connection refused (Connection refused). Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".)

Any ideas?

That's the common response when a firewall is blocking traffic, or when the DB is only listening on localhost.

Connecting from sql server management studio is not significant--it doesn't use jdbc.

Thanks! I have opened the port, and also tried to disable firewall - still faulted. How can I enable the database to listen to no only localhost?

EDIT:
I found a guide regarding this, and i opened port 49172, and it worked if i use the server IP, instead of host name :slight_smile:

1 Like