Is there a good resource (formula) to calculate the type of hardware to use for the database and Ignition servers?
I am thinking to use the following:
• Ignition server: 64 MB RAM and Quad Core CPU.
• Database Server (Microsoft SQL Server) 64 GB RAM and Quad Core CPU.
I am planning to run the following environment:
• Connect to at 60 lines, possibly 15 additional lines in the next two years.
• SCADA system to 60 lines +.
• Historian for the above lines
• Alarming System.
• 100+ of Reports.
• Approximately 300 clients (240 active all the times).
• Approximately 75 HMI’s.
• Approximately 120 barcode scanners.
• Using MES (Sepasoft) System to run OEE, Track & Trace, SPC, Recipe, and Instruments Interface.
• Interfaces with ERP and other databases.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.