Database Query Browser Edit Button

Why is it that for some tables the edit button appears, but on others it’s grayed out?

table a:

table b:

both are select * from table_x and both return 10 rows of 6 columns.

The edit button only appears if the table has a primary key (and the JDBC driver recognizes it as a primary key).

1 Like

Got it, that makes sense now that I think about it. Obviously it wants to use the primary key as the where clause in the update statements that it’s creating. Thank you.

1 Like

I’m seeing this in 7.9.10. It seems to be across all tables, including all the system-made ones. I have to manually edit tables using sql or through MySQL workbench.

Is there something obvious that I’m missing? Like project permissions or a gateway setting?

No, but what does “system-made” tables mean? Not all of the tables generated by Ignition, assuming that’s what that means, actually have primary keys, so I wouldn’t necessarily expect the edit button to work. Nothing else controls whether editing is allowed besides the primary key check.

In addition to needing the ID key, it appears that if you have made any WHERE clauses that you will be unable to edit as well.

1 Like