Dataset object / alpha element of "clr" datatype

Howdy,

I have a fairly basic Dataset object that I am using to store an integer, a few strings and some colors. I have the color objects stored in the Dataset as type “clr”. Whenever I manually paste values or use the color wheel to select a value, any value for alpha besides 255 gets changed backed to 255 once I hit “Apply” in the Tag Editor. Any reason for this or am I just making a really dumb mistake here?

This Dataset isn’t bound to an object. It’s being used via script to generate a Styles Dataset to be bound for our custom template objects.

Thanks.

I can’t think of a good reason for this to be happening, so it could be a bug. I will speak to our developers about it.

As a workaround, you can use a script to write a dataset which includes a color with transparency to the tag.

[quote=“adam.morales”]I can’t think of a good reason for this to be happening, so it could be a bug. I will speak to our developers about it.

As a workaround, you can use a script to write a dataset which includes a color with transparency to the tag.[/quote]

Adam,

Thanks for the quick reply! I ended up using the scripting method like you mentioned and that is correctly retaining the transparency value for my Dataset. Thanks for looking into this.