Datetime Format Character Issue

I have a question about format characters. I am trying to log maintenance issues using a start and end time for down time coordination. I am trying run the following query, and I know the problem is in my datetime format character.

system.db.runUpdateQuery(“INSERT INTO Maint_Comment (UserID, st_stamp, et_stamp, IssueID, NoteTxt, Stick) VALUES (’%s’, ‘%s’, ‘%s’, 1, ‘%s’, 0)”%(queryValue1,queryValue2,queryValue3,queryValue))

where queryValue2 and queryValue3 are linked to popup calendar dates:

queryValue2 = event.source.parent.getComponent(‘Start_Time’).date#system.tag.getTagValue(’[Client]Start_Time’)
queryValue3 = event.source.parent.getComponent(‘End_Time’).date#system.tag.getTagValue(’[Client]End_Time’)

Is there a format character for datetime or am I stuck using an integer to display number of seconds since 1970 and converting for display purposes?

thanks

You have to format the date before you bring it into scripting. So, create a string dynamic property on the Start_Time and End_Time components that are bound to an expression using the date format function. Bring those into the script instead of the date property. Hope this helps.

thanks! that was it.