I’m looking for some help getting module debugging to work.
I want to debug my gateway module code in Eclipse.
NOTE: The same outcomes occur when I attempt to debug the sample Ignition gateway modules provided with the SDK.
The first time I run the debug configuration, nothing happens (even if I put breakpoints in the code). If I run the debug configuration again, I get a “Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection refused. Connection refused: connect” error.
What I’ve done:
- I uncommented the two lines as per the Programmer’s Guide to enable debugging and I created the debug configuration.
- I ran netstat to make sure port 8000 is available and listening.
- I tried adding incoming and outgoing firewall rules to allow all communications on port 8000 and stopping the firewall.
- I tried using JDK 7 and JDK 8.
- I stopped IIS (just in case for some reason that was conflicting…).
- I tried using a different port (port 8001).
- Checking wrapper.log, there are a lot of “com.jniwrapper.win32.com.ComException: COM object method returns error code: 0x80040154; REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG (Class not registered)” errors, which I’m guessing is related to OPC and not the debugging functionality. There were a few “oejw.StandardDescriptorProcessor:WrapperSimpleAppMain: NO JSP Support for /main, did not find org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet” messages in wrapper.log, but these do not seem to occur regularly and actually haven’t happened for awhile.
Please help! Any suggestions?