Delay using UDT reference tags

Hello, please could you help me about delay when i'm using reading tags.

I have 2 cases:

1.- We're using UDT structure to read completely TAGs from FrontEnd, the delay is 3 seconds aprox. (the delay is present in the Client and Designer testing)

2.- Because we have delay in the first case, we test reading indirect tags (binding indirect tag), but the delay is the same, 3 seconds aprox.

We have exclusived servers for Ignition TAGs (1st server with Kepserver), another for Ignition FrontEnd (2nd server)
The tags come from ControlLogix PLC (L85)

But, we couldn't find the problem

Anybody knows why could the delay happen?

thank you very much

Did you check your Class 3 Communications utilization on the L85's built-in web page?

When you say you have two servers, do you mean Kepware and a native Ignition driver are both pointing at the same PLC? (That can double the workload on the PLC, making it impossible to share data.)

Consider reading this topic and its inner linked topics:

thanks for your help...

Let me see it to test that solution.

Refering to your question, Ignition is only connected to Kepserver, it is not connected to PLC directly.

Atte.

Ítalo

Hello again Phil, thanks for your help...

I was reviewing the PLC performance but I couldn't find anything problem...

With my team were testing the reading of tags, but the problem is present only we want to open a window (popup with udt parameters or indirect binding), because if we are working directly (with the same udt parameter tags) over the popup, updating values or similar actions, the tags are perfect, without delay.

The structure of our systems is:

Ignition Backend: exclusive server for it, and connected in the same machine to Kepware.
Ignition FrontEnd: exclusive server for it, and connected to Ignition Backend.
Only the Kepware is connected to PLC ControlLogix L85.

If somebody could help us, we apretiate that...

There isn't much reason to have a separate backend server if all your tags come from Kepware. Some of the delay is probably coming from the Gateway Network / Remote Tag Provider between frontend/backend.

1 Like

I don't use Kepware enough to help further.