Deleting custom properties - screen greyed out

I have a template im using that has a number of custom properties. I deleted a few of the custom properties from the template as well as the chart that was referencing those deleted custom properties. The custom properties are deleted and nothing references them… Now every place in my project that this template exists the template is greyed out. when I run diagnostics on the template that is greyed out is shows in yellow that the custom properties (that were deleted) cannot be found. The only way I have been able to remedy this is to delete the template, drag the same template back into my project and then re-connect all my custom properties to their respective tags. this is very time consuming. is there something im missing here?

I’ve had the same experience. The properties deleted were not actually being used anymore by any components in the template. But all template instances showed errors like those in the post above. I ended up resolving it in the same way as OP: replaced all template instances.

Ideally all template instances would be updated with master template custom property deletions.

OK, thanks for the reply. I figured I couldn’t be the only one. I was hoping someone had a fix. I’ll have to call in.

You’re welcome. I’d be glad for a solution to this if you find one.

If you delete a parameter from the template definition without removing the parameter binding on the instance, you will end up with those bindings still being checked, which will not give you an error (overlay) if binding does not resolve. To avoid getting the overlay when at one point in time the binding does not resolve anymore, remove the parameter bindings on the instance prior to deleting the parameter from the definition. All bindings that exist on a window (regardless of what component / property they are on) are evaluated by the window when it first loads. The window has no way of “knowing” what parameters the template definition has (Think about this: the definition for the instance can be dynamically assigned)