We have a product built on Ignition and I am researching deploying Ignition and the various artifacts using containers. The plan is to use it for development purposes first.
I have a Docker image successfully built with the following steps
- started with the Induction Docker image
- installed the two projects we have built
- added DB connection
- added new User Source and some DB queries
- imported json for tags and tag groups
- imported images
Then I committed the image and have it all functioning.
- Are there ways to automate the steps I listed above. I am reading about YAML and that could be leveraged.
- We have data stored in a MariaDB database. I would like to externalize DB host and port so when the container is deployed Ignition DB connection is referencing the right DB instance. Achievable thru YAML or some other means?
- Interested in any general feedback. Being new to Docker, I am figuring things out researching online. So probably there are a lot of things incorrect in what I am doing.