I’m part of a development team starting on ignition.
In our project, we will have five environments that don’t communicate with each other and some with redundancy.
During our deliveries, every month, we will have to update those environments with:
- the database schema
- Configuration of OPC server
- The list of OPC tags/udt/tag groups known by Ignition
- new settings on the gateway (security zone, idp…)
- new images
- python libraries
- new version of the project with views, scripts…
- other things that we don’t know yet
We have identified two methods to deploy new version of project :
- restoring a gateway backup
- import the project, tags and other resources via the designer and manually configure the target gateway
Each of these methods has more disadvantages than advantages, and each has a high risk of error.
I’m surprised that software like Ignition doesn’t have a dedicated transport tool to meet this kind of need.
I would like to know what are your methods or best practices for deploying a project and dependancies between environments in a secure manner.
I can’t found any relative topic on the forum.