Designer, 6 Wishes

Now I’ve completed a few Ignition projects I have a wishlist. All but #3 seem to be fairly simple, and these additions would definitely lower my development time.

1. A toolbar icon to enable/disable snap-to-grid and show the current snap status

2. A script function to set the screen index at runtime from the client, system.gui.setScreenIndex(index)

3. The ability to mirror and rotate template objects

4. An EasyChart property to set the vertical spacing between subplots

5. A way to drag the tag path (not the tag) from the SQLTag Browser to the Property Editor (or maybe a screen object too)

6. A hot-key to collapse all of the branches in the Project Brower or SQLTag Browser, whichever is in focus.

I concur. Especially Items 2, 5 and 6

We could use the mirroring and rotation of objects. We would like to “manipulate” objects in 3-D space.

1. A script function to set the screen index at runtime from the client, system.gui.setScreenIndex(index)

[color=#0000FF]Yes, Please![/color]

1. The ability to mirror and rotate template objects

[color=#0000FF]This would be handy.[/color]

1. An EasyChart property to set the vertical spacing between subplots

[color=#0000FF]I just started a thread about this one. But yeah, would be nice.[/color]

1. A way to drag the tag path (not the tag) from the SQLTag Browser to the Property Editor (or maybe a screen object too)

[color=#0000FF]Agreed – would be a time-saver.[/color]

For #2, why not just get an instance of the window and call win.setLayer(index) or win.setDockIndex(index), depending on which index you want?

For #5, what we do is have all our UDTs base on a blank template. As an example, we have Motors extend from Motor_Blank. Motor_Blank contains no properties. If you base your template off that UDT, you can drag the instance of Motor to a template based on Motor_Blank, and get access to the tagPath and tagName.

For #2, why not just get an instance of the window and call win.setLayer(index) or win.setDockIndex(index), depending on which index you want?

Kyle,

I am referring to the “Screen Index” under Designer -> Project -> Properties -> Client -> Launching.

[quote=“jay”]
I am referring to the “Screen Index” under Designer -> Project -> Properties -> Client -> Launching.[/quote]

This is what I was interested in, also.