[Designer] Database Query Browser outside of Windows screens

Good morning,

I’m having a really dumb issue that I was hoping someone here could help me out with. I’m having trouble accessing my database query browser in Ignition Designer. I’m guessing this might be because at my office I have 3 monitors to work with, with the browser on the third monitor, but working remotely I have 2 monitors to work with.

Unfortunately in Windows 10, the Database Query Browser does not show up on the task bar as a separate program, so I can’t seem to move it from there. View->Reset Panels isn’t working either since it’s not a panel. I feel like there’s a quick fix for this issue but I’m stumped. Any help on how to reset the position of the database query browser would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

In your user profile directory, in the .ignition/ folder, there are a series of x.layout files - try deleting windows.layout, then re-launching the designer.

2 Likes

FYI I moved DB QB to a 2nd monitor, did reset view, then opened DB QB again and it opened in the centre of primary monitor.

Is there a more efficient way to do this yet? This happens to me all too often.

I'm having the same issue all over again, switching from 1 to 2 monitors and the DB query browser is gone. Is a final solution in the pipeline?

We have plans to revamp the entire UI for the DB Query Browser and add some extra functionality to it. At the same time, it will likely be changed to an independent window that can be moved anywhere on your system more easily.

2 Likes