Designer deletes tags/folders instead of selected vision component

We have been seeing a weird bug in 8.1 where the designer will try to delete a tag (or tag folder) that is selected in the tag browser instead of a vision component you currently have selected. This is happened on different servers & designers. Currently using 8.1.35

Here I have a rectangle selected, right click and choose delete. It then asks if I want to delete a tag that I selected last, prior to this. It will do it over and over until I close the Tag Browser panel and then it lets me delete the correct component correctly.
Unfortunately, this bug deleted an entire folder of important tags for one of my guys without remorse when he thought he was deleting a component on his screen. Wicked dangerous bug when there's no control-z to get your tags back!

1 Like

This was an unintended regression caused by another bug fix (:man_facepalming:) - on track to be fixed soon, as in possibly as soon as 8.1.39 or 8.1.40.

That's good news! I also just experienced what happens right before this condition, the top right click commands (cut/copy/delete) all become disabled. Once you reset the panels, then it's fine again.