Designer Issue After server restart in Windows Web Server R2

I have installed Ignition on a Windows Web Server R2 machine, and have set up a project, ran up the designer and everything seems fine. But when I restart the server, the following happens:

1. When I go to the web page the following is displayed at the top “An add-on for this website failed to run. Check the security settings in Internet Options for potential conflicts”
  2. When I run up the designer, it doesn’t keep the default OPC server and there are no windows ( or no way of adding windows )
    I’ve attached screenshots.

If I uninstall and reinstall, the system works fine until I reboot the server.

2 things.

1. The “add-on for the website failed” issue is probably just IE security settings not liking the front page trying to detect the version of Java. Try switching the launch-link style to “Direct” and disabling the java detection panel under Configure > Gateway Settings

2. This was a problem with 7.1.1 on fresh installs. Upgrade to 7.1.2. You’ll probably have to re-create any projects that were started in 7.1.1. Sorry for the hassle.

For the IE issue, add the gateway URL to your “trusted sites” Zone. Tools->Internet Options, Security tab, select Trusted Sites, then click the Sites button. In that window you can add various URLS that you access the gateway by (IP address, hostname, fully qualifed domain name, etc).