Designer launching weirdness

I’m sure this has more to do with my computer then anything else but I’d thought I’d throw it out there anywhere. (Have to keep my post count up :slight_smile: )

I had a designer open. I wanted to look at a different project so I launched a second designer. (Something I do all the time). The login screen popped up. I started entering username/password when it cleared. (not detailing the debugging steps for briefness)

What was happening was it was trying to open many, many login boxes over top of each other. There were around 20 of them. It look like both Login and Cancel buttons were selected. If I clicked the login it would fail (because I couldn’t type admin/password fast enough). If I clicked the Cancel, everything would go away.

I cleared the problem by rebooting.

Well, I can say that you’re not crazy, and I’ve had the same thing happen to me on a test VM… but… I think I restarted or something and was never able to get it to happen again. If it comes back, you might try turning on the Java Console by default (Control Panel>Java>Advanced, I think), and seeing if you can grab an error log or something (it would be interesting enough to know if there is only one console opened, or many).

Regards,

Really? Dang, there goes my best excuse...

I'll keep your suggestion in mind if it ever happens again.