Designer Tabbed Windows

Just upgraded from 7.1.7 to 7.2.3 and I like it. However, is there a way for docked windows to always be visible in the designer?. Say if I had one or two docked windows (North and South) open as well as my main screen, can the tabs only change the main screen instead of having the docked windows in tabs?

The designer has changed in 7.2.x. Only one window can be opened at a time now. The tabs below allow you to switch between windows. So if you have a docked window it won’t appear that way in the designer but is there if you launch a client.

I realize that the designer has changed, but I was curious to see if there was a way (or request a way) to freeze docked windows is their respective positions, similar to the way they are displayed in a client session.

No, we’re pretty committed to the new one-window-per-tab methodology. It really seems to be more friendly to new users approaching our windowing system for the first time.

I’m curious to know what was it that you liked about having those docked windows always present in the Designer pre 7.2. I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess it was because it made testing in preview mode more accurate. If this is the case, I suggest you check out the new stage-and-publish mode. If you turn this on for your project, you can have a staging client always launched as you are designing, and this way you’ll get a really high-fidelity “preview” - even better than the old Designer’s multi-window preview mode.