Designer Working concurrently on projects

Hi guys!

I’m new on Ignition. I trying to work from two o more computers on same project, using different user accounts but I couldn’t get it working yet. It’s a simple project, with 2 windows and just a few SQLTags. The issue raises when I try to open a window (e.g.) and even I select Close & Commint from one Designer/user the other user can not open this window and an Edit Conflict dialog appears.

Can anybody give a tips to over come this issue?
Thank you in advance!

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

I run into this isue sometimes, im not sure why it happens but you need to hit the little mail looking icon, the one directly to the right of the save icon in the top left of the designer. I usually sync first and then save and commit right after.

What this does is merge any new changes with the gateway. It also updates who has control of what, this usually (9 times out of 10) will fix the issue.

I have seen some rare cases where the offending designer will need to be restarted in order to release the lock. Let me know if that helps.

Hi Claudio,

After you Close & Commit, in the other designer click on File -> Update Project. Then try opening the window.

Nick

Hi nmudge and drewdin,
thnk for answering.
Sorry, but now success after Update the project :frowning:. I too tried to close the Designer where I got the edit conflict, but after reopening it, the resource remains locked.

Are you sure that you don’t have another Ignition designer open some place?

You can see all open designers from the Gateway Status webpage -> Ignition Designers

I’m making test with 2 accounts, that have the same project open in designer in different computers, one local on Gateway and other remote. I can see both designer sessions. I mean, that is what the Designer should support as explained in Ignition Designer -> Working concurrently on projects help section, or have I misunderstood?

What you said sounds fine.