Designer

Alright, I give up. How do I place an ignition designer shortcut in my start menu…yes it’s that simple.

Assuming you are using windows, you can make a copy of an existing shortcut and then drag it onto the start menu. The only special thing you need to know is that you have to hold the mouse button down while hovering over each folder you want to expand (including the windows start button).

Launching through Java web start usually puts a shortcut there automatically. This is the second time I’ve heard of the shortcut not being created. Not sure what Windows / domain policy / user privilege issues might interfere with the shortcut being created.

You can also create shortcuts by hand that go directly to the launch urls, like for the designer:

javaws.exe http://mygateway:8088/main/system/launch/designer/designer.jnlp
1 Like

Carl,
The JavaVM contol panel has options that can be set to stop the shortcuts from being created automatically.

[quote=“ISDProj”]Carl,
The JavaVM contol panel has options that can be set to stop the shortcuts from being created automatically.[/quote]
Cool! now I stop all those shortcuts from littering my desktop :thumb_left:

Thanks

We’re going to add in better control over shortcut creation for projects and the designer as a feature soon.