Desktop Shortcut doesn't work

I deployed ignition as a client to a new computer (windows server 2005, Java 6b18). The desktop shortcut worked once and now fails everytime with the following error:

Could not load file/URL specifed: C:\Documents and settings\h2oops.KMCGCPR1\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deplyment\cache\6.0\25\4a46d059-712507f8

The exception info is below:
CouldNotLoadArgumentException[ Could not load file/URL specified: C:\Documents and Settings\h2oops.KMCGCPR1\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\25\4a46d059-712507f8]
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The wrapper exception is below:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and Settings\h2oops.KMCGCPR1\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\25\4a46d059-712507f8 (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileInputStream.(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thoughts? Running the application by clicking on the .JNLP file downloaded from the gateway works fine… Its just the shortcut that has the error. The first time I ran the short cut I did encounter a scripting error which I resolved on the gateway so it should be fine now.

Yeah, even now the cached shortcuts can be flaky at times. You can either

–Refresh it:
javaws.exe -uninstall will delete cached applications. Running the jnlp file should reinstall a desktop icon.

–Roll your own shortcut using a direct link.
Details here.