Difference between CompactLogix and ControlLogix?

Dear Inductive Team,

We need to connect to an Allen Bradley PLC. The PLC details as follows:

Allen Bradley, CPU SLC 5/03, MicroLogix 1500 LRP

We have the following doubts:

1. Which driver we need to use for connecting ? ControlLogix / CompactLogix / MicroLogix 1100/1400.
  2. What is the Difference between ControlLogix and CompactLogix ? (We don’t find anything related to CompactLogix in the user manual)
  3. Can we connect the PLC using ControlLogix as well as CompactLogix ? If yes, which scenarios we need to use ControlLogix and CompactLogix.

We read some few threads in the forum. However, We haven’t got clear picture and not able to find the good solution for our requirement.

Thank you

You would use the SLC driver and the MicroLogix driver. The ControlLogix and CompactLogix are completely different PLCs. Or maybe I am misunderstanding something.

The SLC 5/03 and the ML1500-LRP are both serial-only units. The Ignition driver will not work with these units without some type of extra hardware because the driver is ethernet-only.

It can be done, but without knowing how these units are currently connected and what protocols are being used, I can’t give any further information on how to effectively connect to Ignition.

Regards,

[quote=“JordanCClark”]The SLC 5/03 and the ML1500-LRP are both serial-only units. The Ignition driver will not work with these units without some type of extra hardware because the driver is ethernet-only.

It can be done, but without knowing how these units are currently connected and what protocols are being used, I can’t give any further information on how to effectively connect to Ignition.

Regards,[/quote]

Thanks for stepping in with that response :slight_smile: