Digi XBee DIO Adapter

I need some help. I am in way over my head.

I need to find a way to connect a XBee DIO Adapter to ignition. Is this possible? Can someone point in the right direction to get started? I’ve tried going through as much Digi documentation as i could muster.

I’m more of an IP network person than a developer. I just started working with ignition. So, I’m sorry that I don’t really know what I am doing yet. Any advice would be appreciated.

I don’t know much about these, so here’s what I learned on my google/documentation excursion:

1. The XBee Digital I/O Adapter is RF-only, so there’s no way to connect Ignition to this directly.

2. You probably need a ZigBee to Ethernet/Wi-Fi gateway, like this one that will connect to it.

3. Even with the gateway, I can’t find any mention of any kind of protocol for polling data. What it does mention is that it has an embedded Python engine, and maybe you can write some kind of Python program to send the data somewhere.

At this point I’m lost. It seems like there should be other ways to get data from the gateway, but I don’t know any more about these things.

Did some more research and it looks like you are correct about the gateway. GOod news is that it looks like the TCP Drive should connect to it. Talked with Travis Cox a little (Since i’m in training this week) and apparently he as actually connected to some digi equipment before.

I will make sure to post a little more information when I get it working just in case anyone else comes across the same thing.