Disable Reports/Datasets

I’m building a reporting interface, one that will allow a user to filter out data to be shown in a specific report. Much like you would see with Reporting Services.

One of my issues is that until all selections are made on the data filters, my dataset queries are invalid, and the report container shows it’s in error as the query is invalid. While yes the queries aren’t valid yet; it doesn’t mean I want the report to look to be in error. I would prefer it to be “disabled”, greyed out until all filter fields are valid.

Is it possible to disable the report in some fashion, until the filter selections are complete then show the report? I don’t see much for options, at this point my only thought is to put object over it to "cover’ the report until fields are valid. EDIT - I could just play with visibility options I guess.

Part of the report is querying data from the Tag History, so until my filters are complete I don’t have a start/end time to properly query the relevant data.

Suggestions?

EDIT: I also need to eliminate the error popup I get for the query

Never mind, my error was coming from a query that I could enable a fallback value.

Seriously, every time I ask the question I figure it out 5 minutes later.