Disabled Project

I have a “Transaction Group” project that I use just for transaction groups. I remember seeing a recommendation to set the project to Disable in the gateway that way the project doesn’t show up in project launch list.

Transaction groups run fine, no problem. I decided to start using my Transaction Group project to hold all my script modules, that way changes to a script modules doesn’t require a user client to restart. I then added some gateway timer scripts and they never ran. After looking through the manual I found - “A disabled project will not be available to launch from the gateway and none of the transaction groups or gateway scripts will run.” My Transaction Group project is disabled, my transaction groups are running but not the gateway timer scripts. :scratch:

So my questions are -

1. Is the manual incorrect or is there a bug that is allowing my transaction groups to run while the project is disabled?
  2. Are script modules in a disabled project usable by other projects?
  3. I seems that the settings I should be using for my Transaction Group project is to have the project Enabled and set the project to Hide From Launch Page?

I’m using 7.6.2 (b2368)

[quote=“Pat”]

1. Is the manual incorrect or is there a bug that is allowing my transaction groups to run while the project is disabled?
  2. Are script modules in a disabled project usable by other projects?
  3. I seems that the settings I should be using for my Transaction Group project is to have the project Enabled and set the project to Hide From Launch Page?

I’m using 7.6.2 (b2368)[/quote]

1. It’s a bug that has been fixed for 7.6.3. They should not run when part of a disabled project.
  2. Script modules aren’t sharable between projects, enabled or not. They never have been. That being said… if you have something like gateway timer scripts or tag change scripts modifying tag values in one project then of course another project will see those changes.
  3. Yes! This will also allow your gateway-scoped tag change and timer scripts to run.

Thanks