Dislay system.util.getInactivitySeconds() in numeric led component

So i automatically log my user out after 180 seconds of inactivity. I want to display a count down so they know how log they have. But i can’t seem to access/display it on a led numeric component in vision.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you in advance.

You probably already have a timer script where you periodically call this and check it to see if you should call logout, right?

If so, just create a new Vision Client memory tag and write the value to it as part of that timer script. Then bind the numeric component value to the memory tag.

@Kevin.Herron two questions regarding that.

1. will that tag conflict while multiple users on the same project at different HMI’s. Because the tag would be global and affect everyone if i understand correctly. essentially everyone rewriting over everyone.

2. I have a client timer script executing every second. This poses a second issue while writing to a tag. That is when I view my audit log to track user actions i’m seeing a tag write every second for the time value. This clutters my audit log and makes it almost impossible to read.

Thank you!

Vision client tags are unique per client instance.

@PGriffith I can work with that. But I still struggle with tag be logged every second on my audit log report.

Although I think using vision client tags is the way to go, if you really want to not have tag writes in your audit log then you could add a timer component to the same screen as the led numeric component that has a script running every second to set the led numeric value = system.util.getInactivitySeconds()

You can also use the runScript expression function to call system.util.getInactivitySeconds instead of writing to a tag.