Display values based on Tag registers of PLC

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding display values on numeric labels, based on tag from PLC registers.

In the numeric labels from above I have set up the same Tags number for both. My questions is why one value is displayed with decimals after 1 figure?

Thank you in advance!!

Are the tags a different data type? Integer/Float?

What’s your number format pattern on each numeric label?

Both tags are float as bellow

And format pattern on numeric labels are same: pattern

Thank you!

I just re-read your question.

Are you asking why this is showing decimals?

or this?

1 Like

I asking why first numeric label: 2,430 C it’s not showing the value like the second: 29,13 C?

Thanks!

It is saying 2430 - The comma (,) is in the Number format pattern and separates thousands.

The second label uses a period, not a comma.

Try adjusting your format string on all of them to ###0.0#

1 Like

Thank you for helping me!

Hello,

I return on this subject because I’m still unable to change the pattern. I will explain again the situation in more details:

We have a location with different type of sensors: temparature, flow and pressure. There is a PLC which reads that inputs. We tag that inputs in our SCADA system via PLC registers.

Also we have a tool on a server which consist of an application for that PLC (dedicated application) from which we can read the inputs from sensors. With that application we read the correct pattern from temperature sensor for example : 29.05 °C.

When we drag the inputs in SCADA application the value displayed is 2,905 °C.
What I tried so far is what Jonathan said , to modify the numeric label pattern, but when I do this, the setting, to modify the pattern to display 29,05 °C (wih comma), after I save the project and open it again that value is changed back to 2,905 °C.
I also modified the UDT template, for metadata pattern display for that tag. But after save and open the project again, same problem…

Do you have any sugestion for me please?

Thank you very very much for help!!

Instead of a format string, try scaling.

1 Like

Hello,

I have succeded with your suggestion to set the values to appear in the correct form.

Thank you very much!!!

1 Like