Docked Windows And Overlapping

I have 2 windows that I have docked to the “north”. I have 1 window docked to the “west”. I want the 2 windows docked to the north to overlap the window docked to the west. How do I do this? I have the layer and dock index of the 2 north docked windows higher than the west docked window. I thought this would correct it but it doesn’t do anything. Help is appreciated.

Unfortunately, the docked north window cannot overlap the docked west window.

Travis,

If a window docked to the north can not take horizontal position preference over a window docked on the west then what would be a good solution for the case of having the main navigation tabs on the top but based on some selections (from the top menu) needing a menu on the left of the screen.

I have attached a screen shot of an existing app that I am in the process of converting to ignition. When the “Water” tab on the top is selected it displays the individual station screens which are selectable from the general status/navigation menu on the left.

It would be great if I could dock the water sub-menu to the west without shifting the top menu over to the right.

Thanks,

I think that these two things would be good feature requests.

1. Allow docked windows to overlap. (based upon what criteria though…)
  2. Allow the user to choose docking layout: whether vertical takes the most space or horizontal takes the most space.

Last post is fairly old: is there any update about giving to the north docked window the horizontal preference?

[quote=“Carl.Gould”]I think that these two things would be good feature requests.

1. Allow docked windows to overlap. (based upon what criteria though…)
  2. Allow the user to choose docking layout: whether vertical takes the most space or horizontal takes the most space.[/quote]
    Is there any progress on this? :slight_smile:

No, this has not been implemented.

Yes, we see that… :slight_smile:
Is there any plans to implement this? Because is quite useful…

I don’t see overlapping happening, but the other part about having a preference about which axis takes the most space could happen in 7.7

Will it happen?

Most likely it will. It is on the 7.7 list, that’s about the best I can give you at this point.

+1 for being able to choose precedence.

This hasn’t been forgotten and is still planned for 7.7

And for when is the 7.7 planned? :slight_smile:

Hard to say this early. Probably early next year.

7.7 (beta) is here. What about this feature?

It’s been in since -beta1. Have you downloaded the beta and had a problem with this feature?

[attachment=0]2014-06-26_8-15-54.png[/attachment]

I don’t get it, Kyle. What are you trying to say? :laughing:

Yes, I was wondering the same thing :laughing: