Does Perspective Table support cell spanning?

I have created a production scheduler using the power table in vision. The only way the client would switch from using excel was to give them something that resembled the schedule spreadsheet they were currently using. This could only be achieved because of the cell span feature in the power table.

I’m now looking to do the same this time in Perspective. With a cursory glance I don’t see any exposed settings that would allow me to merge cells in the perspective table, as the cellSpanData allows for in the power table.

Has anyone figured out a way to achieve cell merging in the perspective table?

Did you found the way?

I haven’t yet. I’ve held off implementing scheduling in perspective waiting for more components such as the the classic equipment schedule and calendar components to show up. I’ll have to call IA Support about cell spanning. I’ll update this post when I hear from them.

Jason

We have a calendar module https://modules.bijc.co.uk/ for perspective available, It may not display as your tables do but it might be useful.
Joe needs a longer vacation!

Hi Chris,

Nice to hear from you! We’ll definitely take a look at your modules.

Cheers.

Looks like this is technically possible, just not super easy to do

Essentially you just have to change the styling of the cells that you want to merge, to make the text invisible on the non-center cells, and remove any border on matching

A few notes:

• I would set the text on the non-center cells to transparent instead of removing it, so you can still get the data in a click event if needed
  • This could probably be done algorithmically, to merge and tweak like cells, I just didnt do that to prove it out, I did it by hand
  • It would be great if this was more first-party, however I don’t immediately know how they would set something like this up.

Here is the data property of this table to see the styling

[
  {
    "a": "-5",
    "b": "-3",
    "c": "2",
    "d": "0",
    "e": "C",
    "f": "",
    "equipment": {
      "value": "Lane 1",
      "style": {
        "borderBottom": null,
        "color": "transparent"
      }
    }
  },
  {
    "a": -2,
    "b": "-1",
    "c": "",
    "d": "",
    "e": "",
        "borderBottom": null,
        "borderTop": null
      }
    }
  },
  {
    "a": "",
    "b": "",
    "c": "",
    "d": "",
    "e": "",
        "borderTop": null,
        "color": "transparent"
      }
    }
  }
]

Thank you for this Keith. So it is somewhat possible.