Drag-n-Drop not working with Client tag change script?

Whenever I try to drag a tag from the Tag Browser into the Tag Path(s) box in the Client Tag Change Scripts, I get an error:

class java.util.ArrayList cannot be cast to class com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.tags.tree.dnd.NodeListTransferable$ListOfTagPath (java.util.ArrayList is in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap'; com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.tags.tree.dnd.NodeListTransferable$ListOfTagPath is in unnamed module of loader java.net.URLClassLoader @2f08693b)

Am I missing something? I thought this was allowed. Even if I click on the tag icon to the right of the Tag Path(s) box and open up that tag browser, it does not allow drag-n-drop. We are using v8.1.37

Seems like a bug.

In the meantime, can you just select them from the tag browser instead?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I can, except that I have to cross reference each tag with the real tag browser to see exactly which tags have an alarm enabled on them. Then, once I choose that tag, the box closes, then I have to reopen it again, navigate through 6,000 tags to find the next one down the list, rinse and repeat. Multiply this by 1,000 times and that gets tiresome.

Maybe there's a better way to do what I'm trying to do. I have a grid of multi-state indicators that each represent a certain group of tags. Whenever any one or more of those tags from a specific group goes into alarm mode, I want that indicator to change color. I was going to put all the tags from each group into their own client tag change script and have that drive the color change. Any suggestions?

Consider using the tag report tool to obtain all of the tag paths you need, as strings. You can paste those directly into the list.

Ah, yeah ok, that can be a decent workaround for this. I loves me some tag report tool, but forgot about it for this application.