Drawing Element inside of Perspective - where to find?

Hi,
I’m trying to produce some proof of concept HMIs and throughout my internet searching have come across Ignition/Perspective - and the solution looks really promising for my needs (this isn’t my normal area of work).

I’ve been hacking around with various elements and have hit what I’m hoping is a pretty simple roadblock after having setup a node-red instance on a raspberry PI in order to send some test data via MQTT over into a postgres database for storing and viewing in Perspective.

I’m trying to produce a similar HMI screen to that seen on the real-time status HMI section of the ignition demo app. I’ve been able to load up the demo app locally (Extra Ignition Materials | Inductive Automation) and in when looking through the Views>Features>Real-time Status>HMI>High Performance elements have finally made it down to the Tank view which is an XY coordinate frame that then has sub-elements to it that are marked as type “drawing” which then contain elements marked as circle, path etc

For the life of me I can’t see where this “drawing” element that is nested under the XY coordinate frame can be created from for use in Perspective, likewise something for creating the circles, paths etc - I’m hoping someone here knows and can offer some tips/ a guide as to how it is done?

Thanks for any help that anyone is able to give.
David

1 Like

You're not missing anything. Perspective doesn't have drawing tools--though they are planned.

For now, you can import SVGs drawn in other programs. Search "Perspective drawing" on this forum and you'll find some tips.