Drop Down Date Text Property

I have a drop down calendar/date component. On the component I have a dynamic text property. On the dynamic string property I use an expression that concatenates the drop down date text property with a string. It appears that the text property of the drop down date never fires off the text event so the dynamic expression never updates.

The functionality of the text property changing on a drop down date seems to work fine with the project in FactoryPMI.

What version is this?

Ignition Platform 7.2.7 (b170)

attached is a window with a drop down date. There is a dynamic string property on the drop down date. I have a expression binding the text property of the drop down date to the dynamic string property. If you watch the dynamic property and change the date on the drop down you will see the dynamic string property does not update. I also put a script to print the property name when the property changes on the drop down date in order to see what was happening.
DropDateIssue.vwin (3.77 KB)

any update on this issue? I have many windows that use the text property instead of the date property.

Thank you,

[quote=“Jonathan”]any update on this issue? I have many windows that use the text property instead of the date property.

Thank you,[/quote]

I can’t get it to fire either (7.2.7.170), in the mean time you could use a script to update the dynamic property when the date property changes.

if(event.propertyName == 'date'): event.source.strDate = event.source.text

Thank you for the suggestion. Your solution would work fine if I were creating new windows. Since I am migrating from FactoryPMI to Ignition I would have to search through hundreds of windows to find where I am using the text property and change my logic in the code.

Has this issue been verified as a bug and placed on the bug list to be fixed?

Thank you,

Sorry for the long delay. Yes this has been verified and fixed for the 7.2.8 release, which should be out either next week or the week after.