Dropdown in power table jump based on typing

I have a column of cells configured as dropdowns in a power table using configureEditor and the options attribute. Is it possible to set the dropdown to jump to a value based on the user typing. With a dropdown component it will jump to the first record of the user’s input but in the table it does not.

Any ideas for this one? To clarify, I have the cell value set to the id for each entry and the display set to display the text. I originally used a template repeater instead of a table so the users used the jump key in the dropdowns. The table provided some great built in sort and display options so I switched but now users are frustrated they can no longer jump to an entry with a letter.

was there ever a solution i’m doing the same thing

This is not a built-in functionality of the dropdown list contained in the Power Table component. The configureEditor Extension Function gives the option of configuring a custom editor using an instance of javax.swing.table.TableCellEditor. You might be able to achieve this functionality using a custom editor. This requires some knowledge of the Java Swing API.

You will need to create an instance of the javax.swing.table.TableCellEditor class, write the code for the dropdown functionality, and return this with the ‘editor’ attribute from the configureEditor function.

See the following forum post for an example of creating an instance of the javax.swing.table.TableCellEditor class: Power Table with three dropdowns