Float tag and have configured 3 (classic) alarms; HHH, HH and H.
Using an expression in the HH and H Alarms
- I enable the HH alarm when the HHH alarm is not active
- I enable the H alarm when the HHH and HH alarms are not active.
have a functional alarm pipeline that sends email and SMS notifications when the alarms are activated and cleared. This works…for the most part…now see the issue.
Sequence of events:
- Tag value is less than the HHH, HH, and H alarm setpoints (no active alarms).
- I set the tag value to something greater than the HHH alarm setpoint and the HHH alarm activates. I receive an email and SMS notification the HHH alarm is activated. The HHH alarm appears in the Perspective alarm table.
- I set the tag value between the HH and H alarm setpoint.
- I receive email and SMS notification that the HHH alarm has cleared.
- The alarm table shows the HHH alarm has cleared and the H alarm is activated.
- Issue - the H alarm never enters the pipeline, I don’t receive email or SMS messages telling me the H alarm is active. And yes, I do get H alarm email/SMS message if in step # 3 I set the tag value to something between the HH and H setpoints.
So, am I doing something wrong, bad configuration, or is there something funky with dynamically enabling alarms losing sync with enabled/active alarms and the pipeline?
The image below are the tags parameters used to configure each of the alarms.
Thank you cleaver Ignition Folk!