Dynamic Image using Perspective Image

Hi all, I was wondering if it’s possible for Ignition to actually process values from a database and then rendering it into a colour thermal image like this from MATLAB.

I unfortunately have to read data from a MySQL Database to like a 8x16 table of values and process the values to form a colour map that changes dynamic, where Ignition will read values from the database at a certain interval to update the image.

I know that Python can do it, but is it possible with Scripting it with Jython ?

Hi @e0310912, apologies if I have misinterpreted what you are asking, but if it’s just for display could you use an XY chart?

There is an example of a heat map in the IA manual here: Example 1

If you have not used the charts before, there’s a bit of a learning curve that isn’t well documented in the manuals. I’ve found it’s better to reference both the IA manual and amcharts documentation.

1 Like

Ah, yes the example 1 you show me seems like a good place to start as a Heat Map

Though I might need to do this for like 32x32 values, but I think it should be something I can start with.

Thank You.

1 Like

No worries, like I say the XY chart can sometimes a bit frustrating to configure correctly until you get used to them.

If you get any issues, feedback here and I will see if I can point you in the right direction. If not I’m sure there will be someone on here with much more experience then me that can assist :slight_smile: