Dynamic-Link Libraries

Is Factory PMI compatible with dynamic-link libraries? If so, how do I import them?

No. What do you want to do?

I’m converting a Wonderware HMI and I want to use the subroutines in its dynamic link library to do standard API calculations and print reports.

I could use FactoryPMI’s reporting plugin, but it would be nice if I didn’t have to rewrite every subroutine. (Of course, now that I think about it, I’d probably have to do that anyway since Wonderware doesn’t use Jython.)

It won’t be possible to convert Wonderware VBA scripting with Windows DLLs to the Java and Python that FactoryPMI uses. In this case you’d probably be better off considering the final results and reports (rather than the code) to figure out how to create your reports from scratch. Our reporting plugin is most often used without scripting and is likely configured very differently from what you have there.

In that case, can Factory PMI access a dotnet framework 2.0 library *.dll? If so, how?

Nope. FactoryPMI is pure Java (not dotnet). In theory, we could make a plugin that called a specific native DLL using JNI (Java-Native Interface), but this isn’t very high on the priority list. Like Nathan said, you’re probably better off just re-making the reports/calculations in FactoryPMI directly.

FactorySQL is dot net, by the way, and you can write custom plugins that link to dlls in FactorySQL. This might help with some of your calculations, but probably not the reports.

Hope this helps,