Dynamic String fill for the drop-down list

Hi,

I want to implement a drop-down list with filling its option strings dynamically.
The strings are stored in a string array of a UDT that from OPC tags

Take below snapshot as example, I want the “String 1” and “String 2” to be displayed in the drop-down list.
Capture

Capture2

I could get the “string 1” & “string 2” from OPC tag with JsonGet function separately by the array index.

I tried to use data set of the drop-down list widgets, it seems that it only support static strings or the dynamical string from SQL database as shown in below link
https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC80/Vision+-+Dropdown+List+Example

Is there any way that I could fill these dynamical strings from the OPC UA tag in the property of the dropdown list widget?

Capture3

0 Likes

BTW, for the string array that in OPC UDT tag documention type.
Could the string array content [“sting 1”,“string 2”] in json data {list:[“sting 1”,“string 2”]}
be considered as dataset directly?

0 Likes

Place the following script in the VisionWindowOpened Event.

options = system.tag.readBlocking(['[providerName]UDTPath/InternalUDTPath'])[0].value  # as of v8.0+, tag.read('tagPath') if you're using v7.9.X.
headers = ['value', 'label']
data = []
for i in range(0, len(options)):
	data.append([i, options[i]])
options = system.dataset.toDataSet(headers, data)
system.gui.getParentWindow(event).getComponentForPath('Root Container.Dropdown').data = options

To place the script in the required event:

1. Right click the Vision Window node you are using.
  2. Select “Scripting”.
  3. Expand the “visionWindow” folder.
  4. Select “visionWindowOpened” event.
0 Likes

@cmallonee
Really appreciate your help. I will try with your comments tomorrow.

0 Likes

Finally, I use another workaround by filling the dataset of drop-down list with items listed in database.

0 Likes