Dynamic Table Width Editing by Perspective User

Hey, folks.

I was wondering if there was a built-in method to allow users in perspective to dynamically change the width of a table (Ex: clicking on the edge of the table and dragging it out). This is strictly for users in a launched browser session, not in the editor. I've thought about binding the width to a slider, but I was hoping there was an easier method that I just don't know about.

Thanks!

It's always been there.

Column resize

For this and features such as column filters you need to define the columns properly. In this case we need to use the column names in the data property.

columns.0.field : city
columns.1.field : country
columns.2.field : population

Hey, Transistor.

Thank you for the response. I am referring more so to the actual table component and the bounds of it rather than column width. Does this affect the width of the component or only the individual columns?

Sorry, that should have been clear to me from your writing.
I don't have an answer but can you clarify that the table is in a coordinate container?

Yes, it is in a coordinate container. I usually like to include pictures with my posts, but I wasn't sure exactly what would make a good picture, hahah.

We forgot about the Split Container component! This post must have been on my mind because the solution came to me as I woke up this morning!

Dynamic table width

• The green border has been added to show the limits of the split container. A padding of 5 was added.
  • The text is a label with alignVertical : top. To solve the overflow issue drop a Flex Container into the right split first and then drop the label into that. The overflow can then be sorted out with the flex's style.overflow property (and a vertical scrollbar will appear).

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Perspective+-+Split+Container

2 Likes

Perfect!!

Maybe not so perfect that it was a plague on your subconscious, but I appreciate the solution!!