I’m new to the Ignition platform. While working on the container, I’m looking for a way to bind a container’s title to a tag, that I can use a container as a template.
Hi Phong Pham,
All you have to do is the following:
- create a template
- create a custom property for the template, you can get to that screen by selecting the template, then Ctrl + U, OR you can go to Component>Customizers>Custom Properties
- create a template parameter by hitting the ‘+’, in this case you’ll need to make the ‘Type’ a ‘String’, the name can be anything (ex. Container_Name) that makes sense to you
- click OK
- go to the template, insert a container
- select the container, and in the ‘Property Editor’ view select the ‘Bind Property’ button next to ‘Name’
- select the custom property you created earlier (should be in blue font under the main template name)
When you insert your template into a screen, your custom property should show up in the ‘Property Editor’ and that’s where you can dynamically change the title of the container.
Hope this helps,