Dynamically set number of instances and value in flex repeater perspective

Gotcha, I will use the tag path and not the value... what would an indirect binding look like within a script transform? I guess thats the real question here. Im not too sure what you mean by "in the row view"

Row view = the view you're displaying in your flex repeater, the view you're displaying the instances props in. This is where the indirect binding should be, not in a script transform (this isn't possible)

I thought about doing it that way initially, but i wanted to try and make it dynamic so if the # of Work Areas change, then id be all set.

Also i wanted to order the instances shown based on their status, so if take the row view route could i still do this?

You will always have a view that the flex repeater displays; that's the purpose of this component, to display a number of a particular View based in the flex repeater's props.instances array.
If you're looking to sort based on the status though, then yes you will need to read the status when you create the instances array, and continually update it

I did something like that before, by putting a change script on the property, which sent a message to the repeater asking it to re-evaluate its order.

1 Like