Easy Chart Dash Pattern

I can’t seem to get the pens to display a dash pattern. The SQLTags Historian Pens preview shows a dashed line, but the chart shows it as a solid line. If I change the time span of the chart I’ll see the dash pattern for a split second and then it turns into a solid line. What am I missing?

Have you adjust the Dash Pattern?

If not, the dash pattern can be adjusted in the Easy Chart Customizer. Select the pen you want to edit, then select Dash Pattern in the Style section. This can be set by pixels on pixels off. so if you adjust it to 5,5 that will specify 5 pixels of line and then 5 pixels of no line.

Yes I have adjusted the Dash Pattern. I’ve tried adjusting just about everything I can think of to be honest.

If I change the chart scale to Hours and then back to Minutes I’ll see the dash pattern for a split second and then it goes to a solid line as shown in the image.

What version of Ignition are you using?
What version of Java are you using?
Any other information you can give us…

Ignition - 7.5.0
Java - Version 6 Update 25, build 1.6.0_25-b06

I did find something new, if the vertical deviation between the data points is greater than x then it is displayed as dashed line, if it is not then it’s displayed as a solid line. Notice the two images, the line styles for the red and blue pens are the same. In the ‘Hour’s’ image you can see the red line is showing a dashed line when the vertical deviation between the data points is greater than x, but the blue line is showing up as a solid line. The same thing can be seen in the ‘Minutes’ image, the lines appear solid except for near the time around 11:13. Both images are from the same trend, just the time span of the trend was changed.

I have played with it here, and your right, it isn’t working properly. I will be putting a ticket in for a bug fix. Thanks!

One more bit of information, it appears that the number of data points displayed on the trend and the width of the trend has an effect. If I decrease the Tag History Resolution or increase the width of the trend the line appears dashed. If you pull in more data points or decrease the width of the trend you can start to see the dashes get filled in. Also -1 (automatic) will fill in the dashes.

For the time being I can set the Tag History Resolution to a value that will not fill in the dashes.

Thanks for the added information

This has been fixed for 7.6.4