Easy Chart Not Plotting a Continuous Line

I looked around and couldn’t find any topics in regards to this issue. If I missed something, feel free to point me in the right direction.

I have any easy chart in my project that is pulling tag history from a MySQL database. On this chart I have 30-40 pens all set to “Line” style. Most of the pens plot fine. However, I have a few pens that will not plot a continuous line and instead have many gaps. It makes the graph pretty much unreadable for those pens. Image below of one of the pens having issues.

It appears to be related to a data density issue. Currently the tags are set to record based solely on deadband and can have unlimited time between points. If I set the tag to record and limit the time between points to a few minutes, the plot line will look much better. Is there a way to fix the plotting issue without increasing the data density?

Thanks in advance,
-Will

Pen With Gaps:
[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 11.30.32 AM.png[/attachment]

Specs:
Ignition 7.8.2 (b2016030813)
Reporting Module 3.8.2 (b2016030813)
Server Java v8 u65
Server is Windows 7, 32 GB RAM, 8 Core ?Hz
Designer Running on Mac OSX 10.11.4
Designer Java v8 u66

Also, took a quick look at dataintegrity. On May 27th there were five entries with dataintegrity values of 600, but everything since then has been 192. So I don’t think dataintegrity would be the culprit.

-Will

Just thought I would give this a bump. Feel free to let me know if I’m missing a setting or something in the Easy Chart. Makes it very hard to interpret the graphs. End up having to export the data to excel and plot it there.

Thanks,
-Will

Can you try to change the “Tag History Resolution” and the other parameters of the “Tag History” section of your Easy Chart properties ?

Thanks Amarth! Increasing the resolution did the trick. I thought that the resolution only affected how many datapoints it would pull from the tag history tables. I’m guessing it must also cause it to calculate additional “intermediary” data points, based on the resolution and tag history scan class, too. Never crossed my mind that it would do that.

Thanks again,
-Will