Easy Chart Polling does not turn off

Hi,

I am using the easy chart for some large datasets and I have the polling mode turned off. I noticed this morning that no matter what I do it continues to poll.

I upgraded from 7.2.4 to 7.2.8 Friday 8/8/2011. I don’t recall this being a problem before the upgrade.
Let me know if there is something I can do.

Thanks,

What is the chart mode property set to?

chart mode is set to manual and the poll rate is set to 0

I’ve set up an easy chart like you described - manual mode and polling rate zero, and was unable to replicate the issue. Perhaps you could call in and demonstrate the issue over GoToMeeting?

Is the start date or end date properties bound to something that is polling (like an expression using the now() function)?

Ooh, yeah, that sounds like a likely culprit.

OK, now this is embarrassing!

The chart’s pens dataset was set to polling off but the where clause was bound to an SQLTag. This tag was set via a property change script in a list box. Even though nothing different was being selected it was still being refreshed because it was filled by a query with relative polling. Setting this to polling off solved the problem.

The end user never complained about it because they thought it was normal. I noticed it for the first time after the upgrade when I was verifying everything.

Thank you for the time you put into this and for your suggestions.

Yeah it can be tricky with a cascade of binding interactions. Glad you got it working.