Easy Chart Save button file corrupted

I migrated a project from 7.9.X to 8.07. There are many Easy Charts that were driven by DB pens. The owner used the save button to export data to further analyze data. The “Save” button works to export the data to a *.xlsx file, but when I try and open with Xcel or google sheets I get an error.

When opening file *.xlsx with Microsoft xcel
“Excel cannot open the file *.xlsx because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file.”

When opening file *.xlsx with Google Sheets
“File cound not open, try refreshing the page”

Why 8.0.7, when 8.0.15 is the latest version? If I remember correctly, the new Excel exporting was introduced in 8.0.7, but there were a few bugs that were fixed in later versions.

I will schedule to get the gateway updated in the next week.

That worked, thank you.

1 Like

I’m having the same Easy Chart save button file corruption issue with 8.0.16. Is there a limit on file size? Because small trends don’t have the issue.

@rmyers 8.1.1 added better support for larger files. you could increase the memory of the designer/client (if you have the headroom) otherwise an upgrade to this version should solve this issue.

1 Like

Has anyone seen this issue return?

I just upgraded from 8.0.15 to 8.1.6 and I’m seeing the same error as the OP. In windows my file explorer shows the exported file size as “0 KB”.

I’ve tried this with both small and larger data amounts.