Easy Chart Tag Resolution Control

Hi,

I have a tag that is recorded every 100ms.

I’d like to have two easy charts I can use to look at this tag.

On chart 1, it plots all of the data. It takes a little bit of time to plot, but I get to see everything.

On chart 2, it plots at a lower resolution (say 1 point for every 10 seconds), so that it loads very quickly.

Is there a way to do this? I’ve been playing with the “Tag History Resolution” and “Tag History Resolution Mode” properties of the easy chart. It works to a degree by using “Chart Width” as the mode, but isn’t exactly what I’m looking for.

Thanks in advance!

In a regular chart (not the easy chart) you can use a tag history binding with a sample size of ‘Interval.’ You can choose your interval and aggregation mode which should do what you’re looking for.

I would think you are on the right track with tag history resolution and tag history resolution mode. Wouldn’t using “Fixed” for “Tag History Resolution Mode” and an expression binding that figures out how many points to plot give you what your looking for in the “Tag History Resolution”? I’m thinking an expression like:

secondsBetween({Root Container.Easy Chart.startDate},{Root Container.Easy Chart.endDate})/10

Using this, if your looking at 1 minute, it should return 6 data points. I would think you would want to use an “if” in there to keep it from going below a preset resolution limit.