Easy Chart

Hello forum!

How do I pass a parameter to an easy chart to select what data to display.

Say I have 3 Pieces of equipment that I have to monitor. I created a pop up window to provide a chart for each one of the equipment. I only have one pop up but want to pass a parameter, equipment number for example to display the chart with the tags for this piece of equipment.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Francisco

Hi

There is a where clause string attribute on the easy chart which you can bind with an Equip_ID on the root container which gets passed a value when you open the pop up screen. Your where clause will end up looking something like Equip_ID = 3.

Aidan

Thanks Aidan,

I think I was looking for changing the tags in the real time. Is like indirect parameter but I don’t know how to set it up with the easy chart.

Francisco

Hi

Import the attached screen which has a dropdown with 3 pieces of equipment. The where clause for the easy chart is bound to the value selected from the drop down. You then need to setup the chart to work with you data

Aidan
EasyChart.proj (12.5 KB)

Thanks for posting the example project.

I would like to extend the challenge a bit further. I am thinking of using the easy chart in real time and being able to switch from equipment 1 to 2. I was hoping to see something like redirection in the binding. Is it possible to have a parameter like this {1} inside the path of the tag that I am trying to plot ?

Best regards
Francisco

Check out this YouTube video (no sound). It might help.

Thank you very much Aidan,

I think that’s it. After looking at the video I realized that cell change was the way to go. Now I can pass a parameter to the particular row of the pen and assemble the tag path.

Best regards
Francisco