Edge Command Line Install

We have a panel PC running Windows 10 IOT with Ignition Edge installed. As an OEM, I’ll need to repeat this setup. We have bat files which do most of the setup, but haven’t been able to do a command line install of Ignition. Is this possible with 7.9 Edge? With the command line, I don’t see where to declare that the install should be Edge and not full Ignition

The edition parameter is what you’re looking for. Add this to your command line install parameters:

--edition edge

1 Like

Thanks. I have my install file located at D:\IgnitionHMISetupUSB\Install. I’m trying to run unattended with no UI and edition edge. I left off the prefix flag (parameter) as I just want to install it in the default location.

When I run the following
D:\IgnitionHMISetupUSB\Install\Ignition-7.9.16-windows-x64-installer.exe --mode unattended --unattendedmodeui none --edition edge
I’m told
‘“D:\IgnitionHMISetupUSB\Install\Ignition-7.9.16-windows-x64-installer.exe --mode unattended --unattendedmodeui none --edition edge”’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Did I enter something wrong or does the order matter? If I leave off the parameters, the UI launches for me to use.

Try putting the exe in quotes:

"D:\IgnitionHMISetupUSB\Install\Ignition-7.9.16-windows-x64-installer.exe" --mode unattended --unattendedmodeui none --edition edge

2 Likes