Editing template not responsive after migration from 7.9 to 8.1

NonResponsiveEdt-2024-04-09_191512.json (69.0 KB)
I recently migrated an application from 7.9 to 8.1. For the most part it went just fine. I'm in the midst of tracking down an issue with a script on a tag (I'm trying to get rid of the tag script, but doing so breaks the application partially). The tag itself is a dataset and is used by a template repeater to show/edit data. When I go to open/edit the template in the 8.1 designer, the designer becomes unresponsive and eventually crashes. The template opens without issue in 7.9. I've included the file it creates when it goes unresponsive if that helps.

I believe I've found the source of my problem. In the offending template, there were a couple of component that were using lookup in their expression. The no match found value was set to use the value of the component that it was attempting to set, so it looks like some self referential loop was occurring until the designer just crashed. Not sure why version 7.9 doesn't have any problems with this, but version 8.1 is not so forgiving with this.

2 Likes